Athens Pride continues to strive for equal participation of all in our Festival with the aim of improving the conditions for an equally enjoyable experience. Despite the adversities of this year, it redefines its form and declares its presence this year as well in order to continue to contribute to the visibility, support and promotion of the claims of the Greek LGBTQI+ community.
Starting with a kick-off during the colorful week of Athens Pride Week July 18-25, it will continue throughout the summer through events throughout the city to culminate on Saturday, September 11 through a day that we hope is reminiscent of a Festival of previous years
Accessibility & Athens Pride Week
Most of the events of Athens Pride Week are implemented by various organizing teams, which have the sole responsibility for the accessibility of each event. For each event, the individual accessibility information is available on our website, as recorded by the organizing teams.
Μη διστάσετε να ζητήσετε από τον εθελοντισμό του Athens Pride να σας υποστηρίξει. Αναζητήστε τις πορτοκαλί μπλούζες!
Technopolis of the Municipality of Athens
- Most of the events will take place in Technopolis, an accessible multipurpose space, with wheelchairs and parking, 200 m. From the metro station “Kerameikos”.
- A wheelchair is available on site.
- There is a person in the secretariat who knows GSL.
- Photo exhibitions have an audio description* via QR Code.
- The description of each event has a QR Code.
- Disposable earplugs are provided for people with sound sensitivity.
- In the sculpture exhibition “Body” it is allowed to feel the works exclusively by visually impaired people.
- In the exhibition “Still Together” it is allowed to feel the knitted exhibit.
- In the action “Library with Voice” there is a “book” in GSL.
- The films have trigger warnings which have been posted on the website separately for each event.
- Movies and video art have Greek or English subtitles depending on their screening.
- There will be quiet space in an exhibition area, please be quiet in the appropriate area.
- All digital events recorded will receive Greek subtitles from the Athens Pride volunteering.
- The weather will be very hot with plenty of sun, hydrate and use sunscreen.
- Some events may be loud, please bring a noise canceling headset with you.
- Some movies have flashing images and strobbing lights, which are marked in the program.
* part of the audio description was implemented by: Acoustic Description: Liminal Access, Kerasia Michalopoulou, Acoustic Description Assistants: Vanessa Kalpia, Grigoris Stathopoulos, Mary Theologou
GSL Interpretation: HandsUp HandsUp Interpreters: Manuella Kia Kagiopoulou, George Stathis, Elena Tsarsitalidi
The road to universal access is difficult and costly but we will not stop striving every year for the best. We will appreciate any suggestions on mail [email protected] or on the mobile of the domain +306946229026 (what’s up or viber) exclusively for accessibility issues.